One thing we all have in common is – that we are all different.
The Training Brokers create a culture of diversity, providing a dynamic working and learning environment where all staff, learners and stakeholders are valued for their contribution and individuality.
We work inclusively with all the communities to develop a workforce and student community that reflects Greater Manchester’s and the UK’s rich diversity and vibrancy.
We intend to promote equality and prevent discrimination through our roles as:
- An education service provider
- An employer
- A community and/or business partner
- We will follow best practice in all areas and work to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Promote equality of opportunity
- Eliminate bullying and harassment
- Promote good relations between different groups
- Celebrate and capitalise on our diversity
- Recognise and take account of people’s differences
The Equality Act 2010 sets out the Nine Protected Characteristics which provide protection from direct and indirect discrimination within the nine set groups.
The Nine Protected Characteristics:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage/civil partnership
- Pregnancy/maternity leave
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
We recognise that equality issues are complex and straddle more than just those equality strands protected by equalities legislation. Life circumstances and opportunities also affect us, so we take account of issues such as:
- Cultural and economic background
- Access to education
- Physical and social environment