Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental health
Who is this course suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of children and young people’s mental health.This course will increase your knowledge and awareness relating to children and young people’s mental health.
What will this course cost me?
If you are receipt of benefits or earning less than £17,500 per year then you are eligible to complete this course free from any costs.
What will I learn?
This course covers the following units:
- Understand the principles of mental health concerns in the context of children and young people
- Legislation and best practice relating to children and young people’s mental health
- Living with childhood mental health conditions
- Understand how to minimise the risk of mental health concerns in children and young people
- Understand causes and diagnoses of mental health concerns in children and young people.
Do I need prior experience?
No, this is a knowledge based course, where you will work towards completing the course work book to show your knowledge and competence.
What can I do after this course?
You could apply for roles within the health, education and social care sectors, or progress onto Level 3 counselling or psychology courses.