Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
If you earn less than £17,500 per year, or you are in receipt of benefits you are eligible to complete this course for free.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is ideal for those who may be considering work within the health and social care sector. Or those already working within the sector and wish to enhance their qualifications and access further progression opportunities.
This is a knowledge only qualification therefore experience within the sector is not required
Contents of the course
- Principles of communication
- Principles of personal development
- Principles of equality, diversity and inclusion]
- Principles of safeguarding and protection
- Introduction to the duty of care
- Understand the role of the Social Care Worker
- Understand person centred approaches
- Understand health and safety
- Understand how to handle information
Potential job roles
- Residential care assistant
- Community support worker
- Domiciliary service worker