Information, Advice or Guidance
NOCN Level 1 Award in Information, Advice or Guidance 600/0987/1
14 – Preparation for Life and Work
About this Course
* This qualification is aimed at learners who are interested in studying in the area of information, advice or guidance. It will support learners onto the next level of vocational learning. Learners who have achieved this qualification have progressed onto Level 2 qualifications in information advice and guidance, customer service and counselling skills which are potential examples.
* Introduction to skills – delivering information, advice or guidance
* Introduction to underpinning principles of information, advice or guidance
The learner is expected to complete both units to achieve the Award. The
qualification has been developed to provide an introduction to the Information,
Advice and Guidance sector.
* This is a knowledge only qualification. Experience in the real work environment is not required
Potential job roles
* Information and advice practitioners in the private, public and voluntary sectors
* Learning Champions
* Library and information staff
* Support staff in 14-19 educational establishments